- The minimum driving age in India is 16 for mopeds under 50 cc (3.1 cu in)
- Motorcycles and car more than 50 cc 18 Years. The (RTO/RTA) issue the driving licences.
- After people aged 50 or more, have to undergo strict medical tests in order to obtain a permit that has limited validity and requires renewal every five years.
- A Commercial Driving Licence is valid for 3 years and then requires to be renewed.
- Chip Card driving license start in 2019 stop the duplication of driving license.
Sarathi Parivahan sewa kendra
sarathi sewa slot booking
RTO Driving Licence TestTests on basic driving rules are conducted at the RTOs when an individual applies for provisional licence. The theoretical test in India consists of basic road sign questions, which are the same for car and motorcycle tests:
Multiple choice questions – 15 questions with a choice of possible answers. At least 9 questions should be answered correctly to pass this section.
Verbal or written test (depending on the state)
The theory test are completed on the computer, and both must be passed in order to pass the theory test.
Driving licence categories
- MC 50CC (Motorcycle 50cc) — motorcycles with
- MC EX50CC (Motorcycle more than 50cc) — motorcycles, light motor vehicle, and cars.
- Motorcycles/Scooters of any engine capacity, with or without gears with an engine capacity of 50cc or more (old category).
- MC Without Gear or M/CYCL.WOG (Motorcycle Without Gear) — motorcycles, scooters without gears, all motorcycle
- MCWG or MC With Gear or M/CYCL.WG (Motorcycle With Gear) — all motorcycles, engine capacity more than 175cc
- LMV-NT (Light Motor Vehicle—Non Transport) — for personal use only
- LMV-INVCRG-NT (Light Motor Vehicle—Invalid Carrige-Non Transport) — for personal use by physically handicapped persons only
- LMV-TR (Light Motor Vehicle—Transport) — for commercial transportation including light goods carrier.
- 'LMV (Light Motor Vehicle)' — including cars, jeeps, taxis, delivery vans.(16th Apr 2018 GOI Ministry of Road Tran & Highways No. RT-11021/44/2017-MVL)
- LDRXCV (Loader, Excavator, Hydraulic Equipment)-- for Commercial application of all hydraulic heavy equipment.
- HMV (Heavy Motor Vehicle) -a person holding a LMV driving licence can only apply for heavy licence.
- HPMV (Heavy Passenger Motor Vehicle)
- HTV Heavy Transport Vehicle (Heavy Goods Motor Vehicle, Heavy Passenger Motor Vehicle)
- TRANS (Heavy Goods Motor Vehicle, Heavy Passenger Motor Vehicle) including trailers can also drive it.
Parivahan sarathi kendra
Other Information about sarathi
rto abdul office
rto abdul office rto abdul office Assistant Regional Transport Officer Mr. Abdul Raheem, KAS Poonch 9419199941(M) abdul officeRead More
rto rajouri office
rto rajouri office rto rajouri office I/C Assistant Regional Transport Officer Sh. Neeraj Sharma Rajouri 9419198106 rajouri officeRead More
rto shammi kumar office
rto shammi kumar office rto shammi kumar office I/C Assistant Regional Transport Officer Sh. Shammi Kumar Reasi 9419197999 shammi kumar officeRead More
rto mohammad saleem office
rto mohammad saleem office rto mohammad saleem office I/C Assistant Regional Transport Officer Sh. Mohammad Saleem Ramban 01998-266653 mohammad saleem officeRead More
rto jugal sharma office
rto jugal sharma office rto jugal sharma office I/C Assistant Regional Transport Officer Sh. Jugal Sharma Jammu 9419172730 jugal sharma officeRead More
rto rajesh gupta office
rto rajesh gupta office rto rajesh gupta office I/C Asstt.Regional Transport Officer Sh. Rajesh Gupta Jammu 9419161373 rajesh gupta officeRead More
- sarathi parivahan sewa
- application status
- sewa slot booking
- dl application status
There was also an average saving of Rs 66 per transaction for 12 states where the survey was conducted(total cost=travel cost per tripXno.of trips+wage loss +proportion paying bribeXaverage bribe amount). The biggest gain in savings was in Madhya Pradesh where the cost per transaction decreased from Rs. 1031.82 to 700.02 with a saving of Rs 331.80. Other states where costs decreased include
- vahan Delhi
- vahan Rajasthan
- mparivahan West Bengal
- vahan However
- in some states the cost per transaction increased. In Tamil Nadu the cost per transaction increased, from 296.55 to 376.63 with a total cost increase of Rs 80.08. Other states
- Himachal Pradesh